North hudson soundboard closure

Tue, 8 Jan 2002 07:49:57 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: January 08, 2002 6:48 AM
  Subject: Re: North hudson soundboard closure

  .          Greg=20

    At this point in time our sources for soundboard panels are limited. =
Bolduc is the largest supplier of panels which is canadian eastern type =
spruce. I have recently seen  The Geers people advertising Sitka panels. =
Nick Gravagne is doing the board in a box (so to speak)  duplication =
service which if this is your first go round I would suggest that. The =
only new supplier is again Roseland Piano--Rick Wheeler Portland oregon. =
He is also the only one providing tongue and groove boards which is far =
superior IMHO to the standard butt jointed board. John Hartman and Ted =
Samble make their own boards this way but for their own use of course.=20
Well, actually, he is not the only one doing tounge and groove joints. =
We do them on our boards--mostly for our own use, but we do sell the =
occasional panel--and Northwestern Specialty Woods (some of the old =
Posey folks) does them (and has for some considerable time now) on both =
their production boards (they do Walter's soundboards and a few others) =
and on their custom boards on request.

NwSW boards are also Sitka spruce, as are ours.

Del