North hudson soundboard closure

Murray Seminuk seminukm@cadvision.com
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:58:08 -0700

Hi Del
Do you have their address and phone no.

Thanks=20
Murray

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Delwin D Fandrich=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 8:49 AM
  Subject: Re: North hudson soundboard closure

    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From: Erwinspiano@AOL.COM=20
    To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
    Sent: January 08, 2002 6:48 AM

    .          Greg=20

      At this point in time our sources for soundboard panels are =
limited. Bolduc is the largest supplier of panels which is canadian =
eastern type spruce. I have recently seen  The Geers people advertising =
Sitka panels. Nick Gravagne is doing the board in a box (so to speak)  =
duplication service which if this is your first go round I would suggest =
that. The only new supplier is again Roseland Piano--Rick Wheeler =
Portland oregon. He is also the only one providing tongue and groove =
boards which is far superior IMHO to the standard butt jointed board. =
John Hartman and Ted Samble make their own boards this way but for their =
own use of course.=20
  Well, actually, he is not the only one doing tounge and groove joints. =
We do them on our boards--mostly for our own use, but we do sell the =
occasional panel--and Northwestern Specialty Woods (some of the old =
Posey folks) does them (and has for some considerable time now) on both =
their production boards (they do Walter's soundboards and a few others) =
and on their custom boards on request.

  NwSW boards are also Sitka spruce, as are ours.

  Del