Training/Apprenticeships London, UK

AlanRMorrison@AOL.COM AlanRMorrison@AOL.COM
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 08:10:50 EST

Dear List,

I wonder if any of you can help.  I live in London and am looking for a
technician or workshop willing to give me some training and experience
rebuilding pianos.  I am thirty years old with a background as a pianist.  I
have a degree in music (for what it's worth) and presently work as a
freelance music copyist.  I'm basically looking for a change of direction
which is fulfilling even if it won't make me rich!

It seems that the training options here in the UK are somewhat limited.  For
the time being, I'm less interested in earning a living tuning pianos and
more interested in getting experience doing restoration work which I feel is
best learned in a workshop.  I am looking for experience more than I am
looking for paid work.

Does anyone out there know of a good technician or workshop in or around
London who might be able to give me some encouragement or advice?

I follow the list with much interest and wish that I could find the same
level of helpfulness and enthusiasm from people here in the UK as there is in
the US and other parts of the world.  Maybe I've been talking to the wrong
people :)

Any encouragement would be welcome!

Alan Morrison