Wim/Pitch raise experiment

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 17:29:43 -0500

Dave, Wim and list,
    You may wish to start lubricating the strings with Protek CPL before
tuning these old beasts. I'm with Joe on this one. What good is a piano
that's perpetually flat in pitch? Isn't ear training just as important as
finger training? I raise pitch on these old beasties all the time. They
have all come through just fine without so much as a whimper. I'm sure
your also aware of how much livelier they sound when up to the pitch they
were designed for. Never fails to get a "WOW" from the customer.
    my two cents.

Greg

--
Greg Newell