Wim/Pitch raise experiment

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 09 Jan 2002 21:57:32 -0500

Not in my opinion Sid. I think the needs of the customer always come first. That
being said I will try to impress upon those who can possibly afford it that it
is best for the student if the piano is up to pitch. In the case of your
customer they should either pay for the repairs or save for another piano.
    I have suggested to customers in the past that one idea is a pay to play
method to save money. Put some money in a jar each time you play. In a short
while they will be on their way to another piano if they can avoid the
temptation to dip into the savings.
    I'm fond of explaining AND SHOWING the customer what I see and what I
perceive their options to be. I try to emphasize what I believe to be the best
thing for them to do but the choice is up to them. I feel it is my duty to give
them the information they need to make an informed decision on something that
belongs to them, not me!
 Greg

--
Greg Newell