Terry/Yamaha Voicing

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:58:14 EST

Terry:
Take everything in proper sequence as has been stated: tuning, regulation,
etc. Lastly consider voicing with the client by your side every moment.
Voicing is purely subjective. I offer what may be an unorthodox method but it
has worked beautifully for me. Mix isopropy alcohol 50%/50% water and after
filing your hammers apply one application of this solution on the "too
hard"hammers . I use a small plastic squeese bottle with a long metal spout
(Schaff) and apply "only" one continuous stream from top to bottom of hammer
felt at a fairly rapid pace. The only draw back is you must wait until the
next day to determine the results. However in most cases, I don't have to do
much needling but have the needles handy...just in case.

Tommy Black
Birmingham, Ala.