A request from Chile

Carol R. Beigel crbrpt@bellatlantic.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 02:03:47 -0500

I know I am coming late to the party on this one, but did the guy check  to
see if the key centers were tight?  Did he lift the end of the keys and see
if they fall back under their own weight?  Also, a little teflon powder on
the knuckes will improve the tough immensely.  I have worked on hundreds of
new Yamaha grands and that is just about all  I needed to do to make
improvements.

Also, my thanks to Roger Jolly for coming up with that "controlled steam
voicing" technique.  I can turn a small GA1 from a dulcimer sound to a
beautiful piano in less than 5 minutes!

Carol Beigel