Wim/Pitch raise experiment

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 06:27:11 -0700

"What's CLP? A lubricant that will ease the rusty bearing points without
creeping into the tuning pins?"

|| ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || ||| || |||
JASON KANTER * PIANO TUNING
jkanter@rollingball.com
425 562 4127  *  fax 425 562 4132

    I was referring to Protek CLP, which means "cleaner, lubricant, and =
protectant". It's a lubricant which dries quickly, and retains it's =
lubricity after dry. It won't affect tuning pins, in fact I've used it =
directly on some of those Baldwin 300 inch pound monsters. In that =
application it had a slightly helpful effect, probably not as much as I =
had hoped for, due to the fact that I don't think it was able to =
penetrate the block.=20
    I used to use liquid wrench on upright bearing points, but CLP seems =
to work just as well, and doesn't smell.

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com