speaking of spinets... (was Re: Pitch Raise Experiment K&Cambell)

Thu, 10 Jan 2002 07:43:43 -0600

Folks,
At 07:07 01/10/2002 -0800, somebody wrote:

>Subject: speaking of spinets... (was Re: Pitch Raise Experiment K&Cambell)
>

> > My cousin has a Thearle 36" spinet that has a...
>
>         Stephen,
>     Thats better ! Now what are we going to do about that  R  ?
>     Tom Driscoll

> >    RICCA, RICCA, RICCA, Lets all chip in and get this guy another piano .
> > I'm sick of reading about this thing.
> > Ton Driscoll

Well, gee, guys...  I just got this crackhouse, er, ah, Krakauer grand we
could talk about. ...or maybe my ~1890's 58.5" Nittinger "Upright Concert
Grand"...

I just acquired the neglected Kracker from a church, and who knows how long
it's been since it's been tuned. - Currently on it's side (pitch level
unknown), so will stay untuned for a while longer.

My home Nittinger got tuned last spring, after ? years. More than 100¢
flat, and not a bit of trouble bringing it up to pitch.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(563)-387-1204  //  Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)
=== Note new area code ===

...and when it worked the first time I darned near broke my arm patting
myself on the back!