A request from Chile

Fernando Rosas frosas@deloitte.cl
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:11:20 -0300

Ron:

I have evaluated this possibility. You can't imagine how many have I
already. The airline doesn't accept such a large box as baggage. It must
transported as cargo. And cargo operates similar to couriers. In fact,
crating and shipping the action doesn't seem complicated (though a little
risky). The real problem is with the US Customs Office. They will charge the
internation like every good that enters to the States.

Thank you Susan! Maybe I've got a marketing problem. From my point of view,
this opportunity looks very nice. Plenty of americans pay a lot of money to
travel to Chile. And this one is free. I attach a picture of a very common
destination of american and european people. It's called Torres del Paine
(Magallanes region).

With regards,

Fernando

-----Mensaje original-----
De: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]En nombre de
Ron Nossaman
Enviado el: Jueves, 10 de Enero de 2002 14:41
Para: pianotech@ptg.org
Asunto: RE: A request from Chile

>First of all, thank you for your time and dedication. But please try to be
>in my shoes for a while. I'm only a home piano player who needs a qualified
>technician to satisfy his needs. I feel insecure about doing things on my
>piano by myself. Imagine that you must fix your car and all you have is
>e-mail contact with your mechanic. Would you feel comfortable? Obviously in
>case you are a common person regarding cars, I believe you don't.

Fernando,
There is another possibility here. If the airline will accept a crated
action as baggage, You could fly in with it and personally deliver it to a
technician here, who could meet you at the airport, arrange lodging, and
could work on your action more comfortably and efficiently in the
familiarity of his own shop. The action will only be out of your hands
during the flight times both ways, so you can maintain control of it and
immediately assess any possible incurred damage and take the appropriate
actions. Whoever goes where, round trip travel and lodging will have to be
paid for anyway, and this way the technician won't lose the time traveling
- which may make it easier to find one.

Ron N

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Torres del Paine.jpg