Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:50:08 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no> wrote:
> Forget my last... I found an ok solution to viewing these files. Anyone
> interested in a Postscript reader for Windows9x OS can go here and follow the
> directions.
>
> http://econwpa.wustl.edu/viewing.html
>
> Thanks again for the links to the articles Charles.

Happy reading. I emailed the guy and asked about compression waves
travelling through the bridge and exciting the soundboard. I'll post any
response I get. Make sure to listen to some of their sound samples. It's
interesting.

As for PostScript viewing, another solution is the program GhostView,
which you can download for free from somewhere. I think a simple search
would find it. And if you happen to have access to Adobe Acrobat (not just
the free Reader, but the whole thing), it can convert PostScript files to
pdf files. In fact, if someone would like pdf versions of these articles,
email me and I'll forward them to you.

Charles