Dampp-Chaser

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:04:05 -0500

Oh, I hate replying to these because someone will always chew you up for =
your opinion.......but of course, here goes!

This sounds like an extreme environment and a big piano. I would put two =
50W expandible rods in the lower part of the case. One as close to the =
bottom as possible - just above the trapwork, and the other six inches =
to a foot or so up - just so that you don't cook one spot on the =
soundboard. Mount the Humidistat as high up on the inside of the lower =
part of the case as you can (up near the keybed). That would be a good, =
simple installation.

The other option would be to put on the covered back. This is likely =
advisable. I have never done this, but I think you would want to put one =
50W rod inside the case near the bottom, and two 25W rods at the base of =
the board on the outside. Maybe Don Rose could expand on this (I think =
he is the one that does a lot of these cover DC installations????). And =
maybe, maybe, maybe, add a 15W rod at the action - but only if the other =
doesn't work.

I know in the past many have installed low-watt rods right at the =
action, but I just don't understand how a rod can control the high =
humidity in the lower part of the case, and not control it in the upper =
part. I think it will. Just MHO.

Terry Farrell
 =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20