tuning speed

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 09:40:45 -0500

Friends,

I'd like to see one of the superfast tuners do a class at either the PA
or international PTG convention.  And I would suggest s/he start out by
saying, "OK, folks, gather around and watch."  Then just do it, the
whole thirty minutes or whatever, from start to finish.  Do the talking
afterward.  Classes that can be "show me" classes should be.

Some might consider me fast, since a majority of my tunings take about
45 minutes.  No, I am not interested in teaching any such class.  While
I do concern myself with efficiency to a certain extent, I can't recall
having an initial goal of getting to that speed.  It was a byproduct of
my learning to hear quickly what I was wanting to hear.  (My time did
increase when I switched to using an ETD, so then I had the goal of
reducing it to the amount of time I used before.)

Clyde