ETDs and aural checks

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 09:37:47 -0600

Clyde:

In my work, I do a lot of repeat tunings of the same piano.  If I
have a tuning for a particular piano in which I am very confident I
don't do much by way of aural checks.  If I'm doing an unfamiliar
piano or have set up a new tuning, I do quite a few aural checks.
The bass of most pianos are not predictable, and an ETD is using math
to predict what is there.  This to me begs for aural checks.

dave