ETDs and aural checks

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 23:39:10 EST

In a message dated 01/12/2002 10:04:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
cedel@supernet.com writes:

> Friends, How many of you ETD users do aural checks?  Isn't that a waste of
> time, if you can trust the ETD?  Or can't they be trusted?  (I'm not giving
> my opinion -- yet, anyway.) Clyde

Clyde,
  I use an accutuner ll , and I use aural checks,not because I don't trust
the machine,
it's just smart buisness, to take advantage of both set of ears.If you have
an interval out,you are gonna hear it,whether you want to or not,if you are a
tuner.For instance,when I'm tuning the tempermant octave,if I am hitting
thirds or fourths,or whatever,I know whether they are sharpe or flat,fast or
slow,before I see the lights,I can't help it.But the machine really helps
save my ear,by the end of the day,helping me listen.I have great thoughts for
answers,but ramble with the typing,oh well.
Good tuning
Hazen Bannister