Steinway C

Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 08:19:00 -0800

Joseph,
         Dr. Laura Spitzer travels with one. You may have seen her in music
news. She loads it on her box-van and takes it out to the "boonies", to
play for folks who may never get to hear decent piano works, and rarely
have a true piano venue. By hauling her C, she doesn't have to worry about
the condition of the various pianos available in ... uh... uncommon locales.
        Hers is a bit tired, but will still compete with a lot of the Ds
out there.

         Brent Fischer is the craftsman you wanna chat with about the one
you encountered. He's over on the CAUT list,
at  Brent.Fischer@ASU.Edu.  Definitely top-level work.

Guy Nichols, RPT
Ft. Stinkin' Desert, NM