Pitch

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 15:22:12 EST

In a message dated 01/13/2002 11:47:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
diskladame@provide.net writes:

> Of course I'm
> more than happy to explain to them the necessity for having a piano at pitch
> to make music study a meaningful experience for all involved.  (Nobody has
> tried to stiff me yet.)

List,
  People hire me(us),for the ability we posess to not only tune,repair their
instrument,
but also for our ability to diagnois what should be done.They also trust our
opinion,
as to maybe what can be done ,to put it in a musical situation, without
rebuiding the piano,if it does'nt need it.I think pianos should be at
standard pitch,if the piano is capable of accepting,and holding standard
pitch.I have had situations, where if finances were the problem,I would make
it work out somehow,even if I donated the pitch raise. Don't get  me wrong,I
don't go around,pitch raising for free.But there is a
cure for each situation,if we look hard enough.It's not about the extra
income,if you are like me,I can't keep up anyway.I hope I made some point in
all my rambling.
Hazen Bannister