Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:52:09 +0100

To all interested parties:

Acceleration fundementals defined:

Accelerometers measure acceleration, vibration, and shock. An accelerometer
involves the mounting of a seismic mass attached to a damper and a spring inside a
solid casing. The movement of the mass inside the casing is proportional to the
force of acceleration on the device. Many accelerometers use either a capacitive
or piezoelectric sensor to measure the position of the mass. Accelerometers are
specified by the range, frequency response, and the sensitivity of the device.

  -- Acceleration, vibration, and shock:
     1. output units, mV/g
     2. seismic mass, damper, and spring
     3. second derivative of displacement
     4. capacitive (AC excitation)
     5. piezoelectric (charge amplifiers)
 -- Range, frequency response, sensitivity

taken from
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/

--
Richard Brekne