art case Steinway

Dave Nereson dnereson@dimensional.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 08:58:35 -0700

    Still trying to find out how much more an "art case" adds to the value
of a piano.  This is a 1906 Steinway B, mahogany "Empire" style, with many
brass castings all over the case, double legs, lyre-shaped pedal lyre,
"gingerbread" music rack, etc.  Called Steinway and they couldn't really
tell me how many were built.  I know there was a thread on this list about
appraising historical pianos a while back, but I can't seem to get the
WebGlimpse search engine to find it.  --David Nereson, RPT, Denver