tuning and teaching

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:55:48 EST

In a message dated 1/9/02 8:35:54 PM, jkanter@rollingball.com writes:

<<  Do the two careers mesh for any of
you, or do they clash? they certainly seem compatible.

I do both. I do more piano teaching than I'd like and I do less piano tuning
than I'd like.  They mesh very well except that people who know you as a
piano teacher have less confidence in your ability to tune pianos.  I look
forward to the day when I can teach only 15 to 20 students, and not the 45 I
have now.  I  can get in 3 tunings before returning home after school hours
to teach till supper time.  I also teach Saturday AMs and tune in the PM.

Tom Sivak