my own Soundboard

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:10:13 -0500

Stephen,
    I was speaking of a butt joint with end grain. A Scarf joint is a different animal
entirely. Your right, of course, that it can be a very strong joint if done correctly and
it is found on most long bridges in many pianos. The rest of your post is very good and
basic woodworking information. Thank  you for the reminder!

Greg

--
Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net