Steinert question

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:17:54 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 5:07 AM
  Subject: Re: Steinert question

  It's a piece of junk Greg. Don't even bother looking at it.

  Terry Farrell

  P.S. Please email me the Steinert owner's phone number and name. =
Thanks.
   =20
    Terry,
        I'd hate to see you burdened by this PSO. I'll dispose of this =
problem for everyone.
        Seriously, Greg, These were Steinway Knockoffs, Exact same =
plate, scaling-To my knowledge, Steinway pedal hardware, case detail =
etc. The differences that I could see were in the rear duplex with =
individual tunable bars . Wessell Nickle Gross action instead of =
Steinway action (a good thing -Less chance of vertigris ).=20
        I service some that are M  and O copies and recall seeing a =
seven foot model some years ago.
        I understand Steinway sued Steinert and the end result was that =
Steinert was allowed to make a limited  # of pianos each year.=20
        I'm not a rebuilder, But have reconditioned and regulated these =
,and the only problem I've had was with some odd key leading on one "m" =
.=20
        As for value ,I'll defer to  others  on that , but you done fine =
on this deal in my opinion.
            Tom Driscoll