Dampp Chaser LEDS

Roger Wheelock roger@dampp-chaser.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:17:59 -0500

Hello Marcel,

You are correct in that the H3 Humidistat requires removal when there is a
problem with the LED panel.  When we introduced the H3, a more sophisticated
design required more connections between the lights and the Humidistat.  We
could not find and still can't find a connector that has the reliability and
low failure rate necessary for us to place such a unit under our 5-year
warranty.  We do not want to sacrifice reliability simply to achieve easier
removal of the light panel and probes.

With this in mind we can repair the unit here at the factory for a nominal
charge.  Since you are in Canada this would be time consuming.  I can likely
arrange for some sort of exchange that would better meet your needs if you
would contact me directly at roger@dampp-chaser.com.

Sincerely,

Roger Wheelock, VP
Dampp-Chaser Corp.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Marcel Carey
  Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 6:54 AM
  To: pianotech
  Cc: Caut@Ptg.Org
  Subject: Dampp Chaser LEDS

  Hi List,

  some students at the college where I do subcontact have broken the low
water light on two dampp chaser units. I don't think this is an accident
because the light is in between the two others. Now, before with the old low
water warning light, we could just unplug it and replace it. Now with this
newer model it seems it's all connected to the humidistat (this model has
the smart pads).

  Have any of you have this problem? Is there a way to replace just the
broken LEDS? This is the period we need the system most. I don't feel
comfortable sending the whole thing for repair (plus it is an almost
complete install & desinstall).

  Is anyone has suggestions, they are welcome at this point.

  Marcel

  Marcel Carey
  2852 Dussault
  Rock Forest  QC