Painted String Rendering

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:41:36 -0500

> Does this make sense? Strings have a fair bit of corrosion on them
> also. I had never run into such a stubborn case like this.
> Sounds like we have a good reason to restring. Yes?

Most likely what you are experiencing is what I call conformation, the
strings are conforming to the angles and taking a set (bent).  So you
are fighting bent wire that does not want to render smoothly.

Normally the wire does a curve through the agraffe (capo and aliquots)
so they render smoothly when new.  The older they get the more the
conform to the angles and the harder they are to tune.

Restring that sucker.

Like of like us older pin benders. :)

		Newton