stroke sander

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:28:36 -0500

OK, call me nuts but I'm actually considering a stroke sander. I'd like
to ask a few questions about it. I found a used one for $900. It is a
Boise Crane. Is that a good name? the belt size is 169" x 6" . Is that a
normal size? It has a sliding table. Is that desirable? The sliding part
is hand activated not machine driven. Normal? I could swear that i've
seen manufacturers use this machine as a finishing tool to polish the
finished piece. Am I dreaming? The outfit I might be buying it from
cannot find a source for cloth type belts. It would be a great deal
easier to make this decision if it could also be used in a finishing
process. It has a 1 1/2 hp 220 v 3 ph motor. Again .... normal? It is a
fairly old unit and Boise crane as a company no longer exists. The
outfit tells me they still have parts and judging from their shop, I
believe it. I figure that i could use this for more than just pianos. I
have a house to finish with all new trim and furniture and bah bah bah.
I doubt it would be idle too long. Opinions PLEASE!!!!!

Greg

--
Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net