stroke sander

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:00:08 -0800

These are nifty machines, I was looking at one recently.  They are
invaluable if you intend on making your own sound boards from scratch
but I'm not entirely certain what else you would need it for in our
profession.  One might be handy for thinning down pin blocks but a
surface planner would probably be more appropriate for such hard
material.  The belts should be available from any number of machinery
suppliers.

Be aware that in order to operate a three phase motor you will either
need a phase converter, (very expensive), or 3 phase power pre-wired by
your local electric utility company.  You can not connect a 3 phase
motor to a typical single phase supply.  The other option is to replace
the motor but that will be expensive too.

I found a couple web pages on the subject:

http://www.starmachinery.com/CT1500B.html
http://shopaids.freeyellow.com/stroke_sander.htm

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV