FW: Roger Weisensteiner Update

Kent Swafford, RPT sec@ptg.org
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:01:43 -0600

------ Forwarded Message

To: board@ptg.org
Subject: Roger W. Update

Sorry to be so long in updating you on the situation.  Wanted to wait until
I had something concrete to pass along.  We were very excited last week, we
thought things were going well.  I held off on my notes and it is good that
I did.  We got bad news this week.  The transplant did not take, his body
rejected the donor marrow.  We are back to square one again.  We came home
today, hopefully for 2-3 weeks to think things over before deciding on the
next step.  There are some options still to consider.  Not one is good, but
still, we are not at the end of the line.  We are on to plan "F". Plans
A,B,C,D and E did not work. The doctors said they did not help Roger, but at
least they did not hurt him either.  Which I think from what they said, that
is unusual after this many treatments.  They said usually the patients are
in not very good condition by this point if nothing worked , and Roger seems
to be not much worse off than he was at the beginning of Sept.  Usually
there is damage to major organs after so much. Will be in touch soon.

MJ

------ End of Forwarded Message