my own Soundboard

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 16:46:00 EST

Dale writes:

> WoW JD Have you used a go bar deck verses a fire hose press? I've
>  used both and find the go bar deck (I still have a very nice one)all
though
>  possible and feasible with good results. However  superior glue joints
occur

>  with the absolutely even pressure of air. Less glue applied to get glue
>  coverage in the  joint and way less glue squeeze and clean up. Also the
> setup
>  time and teardown time is less.

---As is the actual time to apply the clamps.

>     Physically  go bars are more demanding and more dangerous ,Crack split
oh
>  wow there is another rsoundboard dent to fix as the bar slides off . No
more
>  ribs sliding around when the first go bar presses to the rib. See what I
>  mean?

---I'll second this big time - I've used go bars in my shop and hated them,
and a pneumatic press at Dale's and can't imagine a better option. It is
difficult to gauge/adjust the pressure of the go bars, and it changes with
compression/bending of the deck or the overhead restraint. Air pressure is
not only self-leveling, it is precisely measurable and finely adjustable. The
air deck is also smaller, and the individual mating cauls make it easier to
adjust the radius if you should so desire.

Bob D