my own Soundboard/Go Bar Question?

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 15:39:29 EST

In a message dated 1/19/2002 2:38:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
oleg-i@wanadoo.fr writes:

> Subj:RE: my own Soundboard
> Date:1/19/2002 2:38:26 AM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:oleg-i@wanadoo.fr">oleg-i@wanadoo.fr</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

>           Isaac

              In the states we use hickory or pecan which is a similar
species. I think I read that a good strong go- bar will apply somewhere in
the neighborhood of 75 to 100lbs. of pressure. When I used go-bars I also
used a caul on the top of the rib to help distribute pressure.

          Dale Erwin