Baldwin accu-hitch pins

Carl Meyer cmpiano@attbi.com
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:59:36 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Nossaman" <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: Baldwin accu-hitch pins

> Checked the crown on many new Baldwins in the last ten years?

None in the last 100 years and I'm only 71. So tell me what I missed.

> >   Hey--Maybe that's why so many Baldwins sound so dang aweful. Not
enough
> > bearing.
>

> Lots of bearing on a flat Baldwin board sounds just as awful... trust me.

Why?  Is it because it's a Baldwin?  Or is it because it's flat?  Or is it
because all other pianos have too much bearing?  Or is it because there is
some fairy dust that makes them allergic to excess bearing?  Maybe the
casters need grease.  I want to know.  What does the vertical hitch pins
have to do with it?
Does using vertical hitch pins on a non-Baldwin affect the decision on
downbearing?

Oh! I should have known, It's a soundboard design problem.
Just give me a clue as to why a "Baldwin can use less db than other pianos.
Thanks, I'm not trying to be difficult, just curious.

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@attbi.com