Isacoff/temperaments

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:43:34 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

If you look up Isacoff's book on amazon.com, there are some interesting
customer reviews, including reviews by Bill Bremmer and Ed Foote. If you
think their reviews would be helpful to a customer, you can vote "for"
them, which I think gives them more weight when other people glance over
the reviews.

I thought I'd also mention that one of the editorial reviews begins with
this sentence: "Before equal-temperament scales, there was great
dissonance in Western music." It gets even worse after that. They don't
let you vote on whether the editorial reviews are helpful or not.

Charles