Soundboard 60-ft. Arc

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 00:44:33 -0600

>Ron,
>    Thank you for taking the time to write all of this. Would you have
>pictures you
>could forward of the rib jig and or your soundboard press? A picture is indeed
>worth a thousand words.
>    How big is this soundboard press of yours? Do you have trouble storing
when
>it's not in use? Or is it in constant use in your high volume production
>environment? I'm not trying to poke fun. I really have no concept of how busy
>others might be. Is this patterned after Clair Davies press? Is this the one
>featured in the Journal some time ago? Can you tell me which issue? Was the
>pneumatic clamping system expensive?
>    Thanks again for your help. It is most appreciated.
>Greg

Greg,
It consists of five individual clamps of different lengths and caul radii,
looking quite similar to the ones in the article by Claire Davis. There is
no press - none, just the five clamps. That's it. Storage space consists of
whatever is necessary to get those five relatively small clamps out of the
way enough to get on with whatever work is currently in the shop. Being a
one man shop with a decent tuning customer base, the "press" is a far cry
from being in constant use. I don't know off hand which issues it appeared
in, but it's on the PTJ CD set. I ended up with around $100 in the set and
whatever the construction time ended up being.

Ron N