Soundboard/Rim Clamps

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:37:46 -0500

Terry,
    The URL you sent has the clamp listed at  $26.99. My thoughts are that the K
body clamp has a built in plastic pad surface and it's wider  to grab a larger
surface area to prevent slipping. You wrote that it only cost $7 but the savings
was $7 not the cost. The reach is greater on your clamp than the "k" body but
the iron jaw could easily dig in the underside of the rim. I have 2) 12" clamps
of the style you offer and like them a lot. They are very strong. I just thought
that the extra pad protection was worth the effort of ordering the "K" bodies. I
paid roughly the same for the same length clamp.

Greg

--
Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net