Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

Robin Hufford hufford1@airmail.net
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 01:41:47 -0800

Richard,
     How you would consider the matter closed now, or even thoroughly vetted,
when any able participant should have been aware of the points that you have made
for Askenfelt's view, at the beginning of this discussion, as it is a book on
pianos and there are not that many, is indeed,  hard for me to see.  Surely, this
should not have been a revelation to you, as I don't think it was, nor, for that
matter, to many participating in this discussion.  So to whom is this answer then
conclusive?  Now,  we see posted in front of us what was already to hand, and,
apparently in a somewhat ambiguous form at that as regards some of the points at
issue.     Invite the man into the discussion himself and let him make his own
points.   I, in fact, considered posting a few days ago to you a quote  from
"Five Lectures..."  to illustrate the fact of a difference of opinion about this
in the views of  those in the academic world that is similar to that roiling the
waters here.   The last link you posted about violins, which was very interesting
and posted but a few days ago, contains, if memory serves, an intimation of
this.    Regards, Robin Hufford .