Wendell 12-Tone Well-Temperament 2002

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:56:22 EST

In a message dated 1/23/02 11:50:56 AM Central Standard Time, GPRogers1
writes:

> Greetings,
>
> My first calculation of the cents deviation from ET for the Wendell 2002
> Well-Temperament:
>
> C= +6.8375
> B= -0.9775
> A#= +5.86
> A= 0
> G#= +2.9325
> G= +5.86
> F#= 0
> F= +6.8375
> E= -0.9775
> D#= +4.8825
> D= +2.9275
> C#= +0.9775
>
> I put these numbers in a spread sheet program and it looks like a pretty
> decent well temperament.
>
> Be sure to  credit Robert Wendell.
>
>                         Paul Bailey

Thanks, Paul,

How would you describe it, early or late 19th Century style?  Does it have
any Equal Beating properties?  Also, feel free to send my EBVT brearing plan
to that Tuning list.  I can hardly ever understand what anyone writes on
there.  I wonder if they'll understand me?

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin