Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

Cy Shuster charter1400@charter.net
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 20:39:06 -0600

Please forgive a "lurker" to this discussion.  I have no expertise to
contribute, but perhaps another reference that might prove
thought-provoking.  At PTG 2000, I received a sample CD of the Wapin bridge
modification (excuse me if this is a well-known topic, or worse,
controversial).  The liner notes say essentially that if too much energy
passes to the bridge from the strings, the system will distort, and so this
system acts like a resistor, to match the impedance, if it were.

Further descriptions at http://www.wapin.com/howitworks.htm and in their
patent (there's a link to it on their home page, http://www.wapin.com).

As a software engineer by trade, it seems to me that a model is proven by
its practical applications.  Ideally it should describe all existing
behavior, and predict the outcome of future experiments.

--Cy Shuster--
Rochester, MN