pin comparisons

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:24:36 -0800

Ed,

It's not just the difference in the amount of string moved per degree of
rotation.  It's also the the amount of flex in the pin, the torque exerted by
the string tension, and the increased block friction required to overcome that
torque.  All of these factors combine to make a difference.

That's part of the problem with having the article split between two Journal
issues.

Paul