Wapin bridge

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:23:56 -0600

Don:

During the two days that it took to perform the Wapin installation
the weather was quite consistent.  It is also in a very well climate
controlled home.  There was a significant difference in the sound
between Friday morning (before the work was done) and Saturday
afternoon upon completion of the modification.

dave

On 1/25/2002 at 10:39 AM Don wrote:

>Hi David,
>
>I would be interested to know if the humidity levels were identical
between
>the two tunings. It's really unfortunate that there is not a
"before" and
>"after" recording where the only change is the wapin modification.
>
>At 10:23 AM 1/25/02 -0600, you wrote:
>>Carl:
>>
>>The piano had previously been rebuilt very well.  It was a very
nice
>>instrument with new Renner parts, strings, etc.  A couple of years
>>ago the bridge was modified ala Wapin.
>
>Regards,
>Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.M.T., R.P.T.
>
>mailto:drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
>http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/
>
>3004 Grant Rd.
>REGINA, SK