pin comparisons

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:41:13 EST

In a message dated 1/26/2002 9:24:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
RNossaman@KSCABLE.com writes:

> Subj:Re: pin comparisons
> Date:1/26/2002 9:24:22 AM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:RNossaman@KSCABLE.com">RNossaman@KSCABLE.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>      Ron

 I'll add one caveat and that is that I always so far for years have used(the
low density )Buldoc or Steiway maple 1/4 sawn blocks. This doesn't change
what your post said just stating my frame of reference. It would be difficult
to describe maple as unrelenting ,as you characterized the baldwin block,
unless the pinblock was set up by Morons from piano rebuilders
anonymous,OOOOOOOOOo did I say that. Oh yes, of which I am the founder .
      Be that as it may your comments ar all relevant and emphazizes my point
that pin fit is critical to ease of tuning and tuning stability regardless of
size. You all know what I mean. Just think of the pianos you tune, I bet you
dislike the ones with pins that fight you even though the piano sounds great
as opposed to the not so good sounding one that renders easily. Pesonally I
want both and haven't always gotten it.
Does this make any sense today?