pin comparisons

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 17:50:20 EST

In a message dated 1/26/2002 2:06:10 PM Pacific Standard Time, A440A@AOL.COM
writes:

> Subj:Re: pin comparisons
> Date:1/26/2002 2:06:10 PM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:A440A@AOL.COM">A440A@AOL.COM</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>     Ed

   Now I'm curious. If I used any thing smaller  than .250 to drill no. one
pins in the buldoc blocks I'd be hatin life. Are you perhaps running the
drill speed slower or are you just stronger than Me.?Slower speed usually
nets a looser fit. I've been currently running drilll speeds of 1200 to 1400
rpm.
     I guess we should also factor in the climate variables from Calif. to
Nashville. We don't get the super low humidity for prolonged periods how bout
you. Or Humid for that matter.
     I 've been paying closer attention to the emc the block is drilled at .
I don't want to drill it on either end of the emc spectrum but in the 40 to
50% range unless it's going to the desert.