G2 Disklavier upgrade?

Eliot Lee eliotlee1@cox.net
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 23:21:45 -0700

    Hi Gang,

 Tuned a Yamaha G2 today with one of those big floor model Disklavier's and
the guy wants to get rid of the "big ugly noisy box" and upgrade to a small
under the keyboard box AND add orchestration, I guess that means a tone
generator. I don't think money is an issue.

 Is this possible?

NO, the only thing that you can do is upgrade the controller which will go
piggyback on the wagon grand.  You can get better  response,

If you buy a newer system, the whole mechanism is better and quieter.

Cost prohibitive?  Practically

Or should he just trade it in?

Better to sell the entire unit.

Anyone? Mark? Serial is 4871172

Call Mark Wisner or the people at Yamaha USA for more questions.

Thanks!
Mike
Mike McCoy RPT
Chapters 170 & 190 PTG