pin comparisons

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:14:19 EST

In a message dated 1/26/2002 8:28:43 PM Pacific Standard Time, A440A@AOL.COM
writes:

> Subj:Re: pin comparisons
> Date:1/26/2002 8:28:43 PM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:A440A@AOL.COM">A440A@AOL.COM</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet

             Ed

  Now that you mention it I do something simialr ,I drill more slowly in the
bass ( makes (a tighter hole) and a bit quicker in the top end. It's no fun
tuning a really tight treble.
      For most Steinways I use the standard length 23/8"pins un less the
plate has a paricularly thick webbing such as a Stwy B or A Mason A  I'm
doing now and then I'll go longer(2 1/2" and also up a size to no. two's.  I
love maple blocks!.