pin comparisons

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:20:29 EST

In a message dated 1/27/2002 6:02:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Subj:Re: pin comparisons
> Date:1/27/2002 6:02:10 AM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com">mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> "I 've been paying closer attention to the emc the block is drilled at. I
> don't want to drill it on either end of the emc spectrum but in the 40 to
> 50% range..."
>
> May I assume the emc is not in the 40% to 50% range, but rather the
> reletive humidity (RH) of your shop is in that range? If not, no wonder
> your bits don't get hot - you're drilling under water!
>
> All in fun and for the sake of clarity!  ;-)
>
> Terry Farrell

             Terry

     No problem clarification is good.  I try to keep in mind the invironment
 the piano is actually going to live life in which is in an insulated house
with a damp chaser  on it. So I often think in terms of  35% to 60% range in
houses for my area. I don't sell the humidifier part as it's un-needed out
here.