Haunted new soundboard

Karintunes@AOL.COM Karintunes@AOL.COM
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:23:13 EST

Dale Erwin wrote:
<<But My suggestion is that any reputable rebuilder backs their work so Why
is it your problem to rectify and not his?>>

The piano was rebuilt where it was aquired in the Northeast and brought down
here to the Keys.  It was sent to the highest bidder in hopes that the work
would be the best available.  Most of the work is excellent.

I know they aren't coming down here, so I've been doing this for the sake of
my client.  Whether the rebuilder will reimburse me for my time remains to be
seen.  Their suggestion was to tune it to 442, which they say is THE pitch
nowadays, and they asked whether the client was enough of a musician to
notice the probem (yes, the client is).

Thank you for the spider instructions, Dale!

Karin Schmitt
Karintunes@aol.com
Florida Keys/Key West