lotsa dampers

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:34:04 +1100

Clyde,

>Today I tuned a Knight console that had dampers up to and including B6.
>I have never seen a piano with more dampers than that!

Pianos with longer sustain require dampers further up the treble. The
Knight, being a quality instrument with a good sustaining treble,
would require more dampers than an average instrument. The SD-10 we
rebuilt back in 1988-90 should really have had more dampers than it
had - again a great sustaining piano. Our 225 grand piano's last
damper is at note F#70. It should really have between four to six
more dampers - certainly four more to A#74.

Ron O.
--

        OVERS PIANOS
Grand piano manufacturers