Jon's temperament adventure

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:07:32 EST

In a message dated 1/29/02 11:41:53 PM, mjbkspal@execpc.com writes:

<< Yes, what you did will give the desired reslt, but only for the specific

notes where you entered the modified offsets.

(snip)

 This will apply the offsets to all 88 notes.

Hope this helps,

Mike >>

Mike,

That is way cool!   I have, of course, been aurally tuning octaves outward
from the temperament octave.  This slows my tuning time down, so I don't use
HTs for my everyday tunings very often.  I take the time to tune EBVT on my
students' pianos (I teach piano also) because it's such a sweet mellow sound,
and most of my students use the white keys more than the black.
Now, I can do the same for my other clients without slowing me down!

Thanks!

Tom