Sound waves(The behavior of soundboards)

Robin Hufford hufford1@airmail.net
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:25:39 -0800

Richard,
     Notwithstanding conventional opinion doesn't it plainly show that
longitudinal waves can, in fact, induce whatever wave motion exists in the
soundboard and do so in these instances?  How this could insignificant is
incomprehensible to me.   The question then becomes "Can the transverse
the string during its standing phase)" induce similar effects such as are
proven to exists in definite longitudinal loading.  I am merely posing a
question here not offering an answer.
Regards, Robin Hufford