Twisting bass strings (physics)

William J Schlipf wjstuner@juno.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:24:51 -0600

Clyde,  I've never done them all the wrong way.  Did have an older
Kimball console, SN 421018, that had every other string twisting the
opposite direction in the double unisons.  Got half twisted the wrong
way.  Boy did it sound awful!!  It pays to check EACH AND EVERY
STRING!!!!!  It was fine when I got them twisted the proper direction.

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:45:26 -0500 Clyde Hollinger <cedel@supernet.com>
writes:
> I hope I'm not the only one who twisted all the strings the wrong way
> after
> doing a bridge repair.  It really gave me a sickening feeling to
> hear all those
> "dead" bass strings until I realized what was wrong and corrected
> them all.
> Then they were okay.  Whew!
>
> Clyde
>
> Ron Nossaman wrote:
>
> > It tightens the wrap on wrapped
> > strings - if you twist them the right way.

Bill Schlipf
Bloomington, IL

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.