Peterson 490ST Strobe tuner....good?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 20:27:05 -0400

Everything I know is below:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Brekne" <richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: "PTG" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: Peterson 490ST Strobe tuner....good?

> Hi Terry, and thanks for this enlightenment... tho perhaps you can further
> clarify how the various <<weightings>> are actually carried out.

Unlikely.

> Is it such that it starts looking at curves for all the relavant partials...
> spreads for these as one ascends and finds some optimal matching for each
> set... a sorts of curve of curves ?

I don't know.

>... or does it base much on how loud
> different partials are ?

I don't think it differentiates there.

... Or does it search for some cumlative least total
> signifcant (hearable) beats rates...?

I don't know.

>  any more specifics would be nice to
> know.
>
> RicB

Yes, indeed.

And if I had a better understanding I would be happy to share. I should think David Carpenter is the guy to speak to this stuff. Ron Koval may well have a good understanding also. Perhaps others??? Care to enlighten us all? I simply don't know much beyond the few basics I have managed to gather. Sorry.    :-(

Terry Farrell