self tuning piano????

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 20:33:41 EDT

tito@philbondi.com writes:

> Wim, I'm real glad to see that you're open to this kind of invention..I
> wasn't around this profession when the first Visual Tuning Aide came out. I
> suspect that there were alot of negative comments about this new invention
> back then as well..I don't see them going away any time soon, do you?
>
> For future reference, if you would like to know more about the self-tuning
> piano, here's my e-mail address:
>
> tito@philbondi.com
>
> I happen to work for Dick Dolan's sons down here in Naples. They're good
> people..and yes, Dick is a gadget lover, and he has the mean$ to do it to
> the best of its ability..and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work..if it DOES
> work, you won't be out of a job, trust me. It's so far into the future for
> any kind of mass production that it's feasible alot of us reading this will
> not see it..IF IT WORKS.
>
> So before you go off on a tangent publicly again, go off on me..spare the
> 100 or so people that read this list your personal, misguided opinions.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> -Phil Bondi (Fl.)

Phil

This "gadget" is a far cry form an ETD. That is a machine that helps in the
tuning process. This device is meant to think the customer will never need
the service of a tuner again. A "gadget" like this can't work. It isn't that
I am scared for my job. I am concerned that people will pay for this,
thinking it will work. There is nothing wrong with tinkering, and inventing
gadgets. And if Mr. Gilmore wants to waste his money, that's his prerogative.
What I don't think is ethical is pawning it off on unsuspecting consumers
thinking they can save money in the long run. That puts Mr. Dolan on the same
level as a con man. And if I can save one person from wasting his money, I'll
continue to rant.

Wim